Friday, July 23, 2010

Candy Darling...
















Enjoying all that San Francisco has to offer is a full time job! I've been coming here regularly for almost four years now and I'm still finding things that I love about this city... Today I was delighted to indulge in one of my favorite past times, sugar! For those of you that have passed through these parts more than once, you'll notice my sincere affinity for all things sweet, like here, herehere and here (just to name a few!).

So when I heard about Candy Darling, from Gwyneth Paltrow's blog GOOP, I couldn't help but make the short trip to check it out for myself.

I must admit that when I arrived I felt an immediate pang of sadness as I was sure that they were going out of business. Fortunately this was not the case! The almost empty store front laden with boxes was nothing more than their onsite manufacturing operation bursting at the seams.

This boutique family business is filled with enough charm and high quality chocolate to have you coming back for more. While their selection was not wide the customer service was delightful and they did express plans to have the store filled by Christmas time! I told the owner that I'd be back to test all the new products.
...and I am a woman of my word :)


Til next time, Candy Darling.

xx tash

8 comments:

  1. Great post! Almond English Toffee... um, yes please.

    xx

    http://www.novembergrey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, this all looks SO delicious! Especially that Sea Salt Caramel. Salted caramels are a huge weakness of mine right now!
    It's my first time on your blog and I absolutely love it -- can't wait for more!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow all those candies look fab! I wish we had something like that around here!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my GOSH I need to sea salt caramel in my life immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in SF last week and did not know about this place! It sounds wonderful! I love salty caramel...it is so very good!!! I will definitely remember this place for next time!

    Thank you so much for the kind comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blog, will follow!
    http://washingtondcfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sea salt caramel is making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails