Friday, July 16, 2010

Weeks of Wonder...

Things have been a little quiet around this space lately I know... It's been one of those times where life has needed my full attention and I would never want to take up your time dear readers, unless I had something that I felt was interesting to contribute. No diluted rants for you! But if you ever want to reach me, please don't hesitate to email, hearing from you just makes my day! 

Here's a couple of things I've found in LA lately that I just love....
Soyrizo Mexican burrito at Hugos Tacos
**picture courtesy of toliveandeatinla.com
Take the trip to Atwater Village for these killer Tacos. If you're vegetarian, vegan, pescetarian, or a meat lover don't worry! They've got something for you that will have your taste buds in full fiesta mode! The Fish Burrito with Honey Chipotle Salsa followed by their delicious soft serve is my pick!
20091117-oaks-intro.jpg
**photo courtesy of ahtseriouseats.com
Looking for a Polenta Raspberry Scone that will have you dreaming about it for days to come? Visit this local neighborhood gourmet deli. Fabulous wine's, liquors, pizzas, cheeses but if you're looking for something a little more substantial, try their burger that rivals Umami's. It's no joke!
Johnny Ramone's Grave Hollywood Forever Cemetery
Okay I know this sounds morbid and horrible but it's really quite fun.  In the summertime Hollywood opens up one of it's largest cemeteries and showcases some of the great classic movies.  Many of the people resting (for eternity) in these grounds were some of Hollywood's finest back in the day so in a way, you're commemorating their achievements and paying them a little visit all at the same time... I know for some it puts the creep in creepy....but they don't call it Hollyweird for nothing!
Hiking is my exercise of choice. I love being out in nature and out and about in the Hills. If your'e looking for the quintessential hike in LA then Runyon Canyon is the place to go. However, if you want to hike in a less crowded prettier environment then Bronson Canyon has your name on it.
If you read a recent post regarding my favorite spa, then you'll know that I'm a sucker for all things luxurious and pampered.  However, sometimes I can't always drop those pretty pennies in order to indulge and thanks to this gem, I don't have to!  Olympic Spa is a women's only Korean style spa that will literally have you feeling like a new woman.  They scrub you from top to toe (and find a few places in between that you never knew you had) removing all of those dry, rough spots that build up over time. I GUARANTEE after leaving this trusty spot, not only have you never felt softer, your pocket book will thank you! But  p.s. prepare to be naked in front of a room full of women. all. the. time. 

If you live in LA check these hot spots out, if you don't, then come visit!

xx

3 comments:

  1. HUGO'S!! OLYMPIC SPA!!! Yes, yes and YES!

    xx

    http://www.novembergrey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I remember the Olympic spa, I have never seen so much skin come off one body, mine, can't wait to visit again. And a raspberry polenta scone,ah.. yes...its still in my dreams.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds completely amazing. i need. like, now. cute blog - glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails