Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dirty Secrets and Dirty Laundry

Time to come clean, time to admit a dirty little secret that I've been coveting for some time now. Growing up in Australia my Saturday mornings were all about cartoons. The Smurfs, The Snorks, The Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Scrappy Doo, you name it, if it was animated and fantastical I was in.  Although my Saturday mornings don't include cartoons anymore I will shamefully admit that it's now much worse.  Rather than graduating from one guilty pleasure and evolving into something a little more sophisticated, I have found myself completely regressed.  My boyfriend would love it if I spent my morning catching up on world news and finding out what important things are happening in the global community but sadly, no. Instead I wake up long before he gets out of bed so that I can start indulging in my guilty pleasure...yes, the best and the worst of "reality" tv.  It's true I'm suffering from an addiction and I'm loving every minute of it.
Real Housewives series (mostly NYC), Jamie Oliver, Tori and Dean and Kimora, I spend my morning with my cup of tea a diy mani and the remote. 


you don't know jacques!  
The reasons I have told myself and my boyfriend that I love this junky genre vary from an array of intellectualized excuses to simple statements. "I find it to be anthropologically fascinating" or "There's nothing else on". Either way I find myself equally drawn to the lives of other people and the whole 'living a life in the day of' experience. Sometimes I'm annoyed, sometimes I'm inspired, and sometimes I care and sometimes I really don't, either way it's easy television. It's like having a conversation with a familiar friend and sometimes it might be the friends that you're not sure you entirely embrace but all in all I know what it is and I love it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails