Wednesday, April 7, 2010

California dreamin'

I am completely and utterly in love with Santa Barbara, Montecito, Ojai, Los Olivos, pretty much California's entire wine country region. Everything about it  seduces me. Some might think that the reason is pretty darn obvious as it's no secret that I love a good glass (who am I kidding, bottle) of wine. But it's not just the regions high alcohol content that makes me swoon, it's the carefree leisurely lifestyle that I'm highly akin to.  The rustic architecture (did you see Meryl Streep's house in "It's Complicated"?), the warm eucalyptus scented air, cool sea breezes and fresh local cuisine... Please, I'm sold hook like and sinker.


They say that every town has a word(s) that encompasses the energy and in hippy talk 'vibration' of the area. LA is 'success', New York is 'achieve', Rome is 'lust' and for me Santa Barbara might just be 'True Love'. I know I know, cheesetastic but oh so true!


What better way to explore wine country than with a group of friends and more importantly a designated driver.  We hired a party limo and set off for the day. Enjoy some pretty pics from our adventures up North.  It will be a day that I'll try to remember for a very long time!










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails