Thursday, May 20, 2010

dream house

When I was a little girl my dream house looked something like a cross between barbies bright pink love shack and the nature inspired Swiss Family Robinson tree house... Needless to say I wouldn't be the easiest client for an architect at age 5. Thankfully things have changed a little and my ideas are a little more feasible... I think!

I've been crazy busy lately designing a fabulous engagement party (stay tuned for pics) but wanted to share with you a design inspiration of mine. Quite simple her name is Nancy Meyers.  Some of you may immediately know her by name, but if it's not ringing any bells I'm sure her repertoire of films will jog your memory.  She's responsible for such films as The Parent Trap, Father of the Bride and more recently, Somethings Gotta Give and It's Complicated.  Not only is she known for these cinematic gems but she's also made quite a name for herself in the architectural design world.  The homes occupied by Diane Keaton in the Hampton's and Meryl Streep in Santa Barbara epitomize the same easy opulent living that I go crazy for.  I could see myself quite easily slipping right into either one of those dreamy estates and living out my life quite peacefully!  For now, I'll stick with my humble LA abode and aim to recreate some of that loveliness while I work towards that future!








Now, to make it happen...

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails